Taiwan - Day 8

11:15 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Taiwan - Day 8
we are almost reaching the end of our trip,
but we must keep our energy level high & finish with a BANG!!!
anyway, today is the day where I get to meet some new friends;
my other uni friend, Nengyi, and his bunch of army friends =)
since Tienboon & me are more familiar in Taipei,
we wana show them a good place for breakfast & there is only 1 in mind....

 not gona reveal their faces just yet =P
*NY is the one with his hand held high
& dont wan his photo to be taken*

I'm leading the way coz I've walked through the path so many times~~

 TADAAA~!! here's our group photo @ Melange Cafe!!!
I know we have been here a couple of times,
but I'm happy to share good stuff with my new found friends

Irish Dripped Coffee

 Blue Mountain Coffee served with a petite cup of milk

not forgetting the sugar with a choice of (raw / brown / pure) sugar

since Tienboon & me tried almost everything there, we wana compare waffles with R6 cafe.
the waffles are pretty thick that are crispy on the outside & mushy inside;
not the kind of texture I prefer & it makes me super bloated =(

after having breakfast, I got a little fatter...
so time for us to have a relax walk & digest a little!!

I find that "buying books from the place I've visited" to be quite fun.
*started looking for some sort of books that interests me*

hmmm... this reminds me of something that I read in primary school??

 walked back to our hotel area to find some accessories to ZHENG my camera~~

not much of modifying, just uv filter to protect my lens

Nengyi shopping for camera bag~~
& me thinking whether can get a better deal if buy together
BTW, shopping tip: always check out multiple stores before purchase
*regardless if the shop gives you incredibly low price for the item you want

<Fjallraven Kanken> 
continued our journey in search of the bag that caused a rising trend in Singapore
YEA, this bag is freaking small & it costs a BOMB!!!!
I see it almost everywhere in SG now;
people buying 5 different colours & forming their power ranger gang

 we walked far too much until our fuel tank empty luh~~
craving for this since the 1st day I arrived in Taiwan..
this is just right beside XiMenDing station!!!

<model displaying one of their set meals>
side track abit, you know those Jap DIY clay model??
it lets you make them into nearly exact replica of real Jap cuisines

back to topic, we went in & got wow by so many things they offered in the menu
so the simplest & of most value is to get their set meal.....
or you can follow my choice of getting a 8-course meal for 2~~!!!

 Appetizer - salmon sashimi

forgot what in this, but it looks great nonetheless

tempura prawn

this salmon rice is still part of appetizer coz it still makes me hungry

 hot stone chawanmushi

the climax we have been waiting for,
(beef + pork) on super duper hot stone 石板烧
if you ever come in contact with the stone, I'm pretty sure you will be burnt

 the waiter will demonstrate how to cook if you are not familiar,
but you should try cooking the meat yourself coz that is the fun part~~
journey of masterchef begins here if you never ever cook once in your life!!!

as for dessert you have 2 choices:
pudding with milk

 vanilla ice cream


at this moment, I haven buy anything for my family...
Tienboon recommend this place that sells the best Pineapple tarts, ChiaTe
dont bother going to ChiaTe around ChineseNewYear period coz it will be fully packed
with Family's portion of snack out of the way, I have almost accomplished everything in Taiwan
hence, it is time for supper again coz Tienboon insists hahaha.
*just eat our dinner not long ago leh, how to eat supper~~*

anyway, we met up with Joe again & he brought his pet down to the market =)
cant resist, but to have a doggy photoshoot!! 

awww~ if only i could keep one myself...

dog-lover look on Tienboon's face & we're waiting for Tienboon's plate of steak for supper

steak not enough, still order mango ice for dessert!!!

 since we were in the area, Joe say there is this famous soymilk stall
turns out to be YongHe soymilk's originator in Taiwan!!
what a day~~ although never get to see scenery, I get to taste alot of good food =)

0 comments: