I just got myself an.... iPhone 5S =)

2:36 AM Unknown 0 Comments


I've just gotten my iPhone 5S on 23th Sept (spill the story behind it later)
& this post is dedicated to those who are considering iPhone 5S as an option.
even if for those who dont like Apple, at least give a chance to hear me out!!

do you know Apple took exactly 1 year to launch their new iPhone 5S?
& this time it didnt disappoint me as compared to iPhone 4S
design wise always didnt change for the same series of iPhone,
but they do offer colour alternatives & this time iPhone came in...
Champagne Gold

in my opinion, I think it is a nice colour based on the photos,
but I'm more concerned that if guys in general can pull that off.
they also come in silver or space grey
yup, didnt know space has their own colour of grey till now...

OKAY, I shall start with current iPhone users who are using 4S or prior to that
if the new addition of colours & slight design alteration isnt enough to win over ur heart,
lets hope the following main points will hit ur mark to upgrade ur current iPhone

1) 2x better processor over iPhone 5
it makes alot of difference as iOS 7 can make prior iPhone lag
& you dont have to worry apps crashing on you coz now the processor can handle it.
you will say that you can live with it until the moment your phone starts to retire on you.
btw, it is also there to handle the new Slow-Mo video function
120 frames per second & you can set the timing when Slow-Mo kicks in.
since the iPhone 5S launch coincides with Singapore F1 Night Race,
we are in luck to catch not just a glimpse of F1 racing car,
but rather a better view of the race with Slow-Mo!!!


2) even better camera + truetone flash
nowadays, many people takes photo with their photos & this wins me over.
the cameras on iPhone 4S & above are ranked among the best in smartphones.
although it remains at 8 megapixels, it can now capture 33% more light
coz of the larger sensor & f/2.2 lens that is in the iPhone 5S.
I can only say that 8 megapixels take clear enough photos for our daily life
& I prefer better performance in low light setting than a phone with 13 megapixel
coz most of the time the flash turns out to be too harsh  & wash out ambient light
the complementing feature is the truetone flash that comprises of 2 LEDs (1 white, 1 amber)
where the right variation of flash makes photo of subject & background more natural

3) Touch ID

as the name suggests, it has something to do with Touch & ur ID
it is ur FINGERPRINTS!!!
what it does is to unlock by simply pressing the home button
& it unlocks almost instant if it gets a good read of ur fingerprint.
on top of that, you can just scan ur fingerprints for app store downloads.
more applications of the fingerprint scanner will be used in the future updates!
in the case where the home button spoils, you can still input the pass-code.
so dont worry that once the button spoils, all the data is gone.
if you're doubting the accuracy of the TouchID, it differentiates not just fingers
different parts of the body or even cat paws can be registered

I will have to say that it is really quite convenient & one of the best security.
imagine how much time you can save from just a day's use without swiping or pass-code
it wont take you long to do those, but which provides you the level of security?

dont have to worry bout people hack ur phone & use of the fingerprints to do bad stuff
coz the fingerprints are converted into strings of data rather than image of ur actual fingerprint.
if someone wants to rob you, he will probably have to cut off ur fingers or hand first.
if not, the person must be a tech guy to hack ur phone (lets not get into details)
for a phone? I will like to believe that it is highly unlikely.

Note: iPhone 5C is almost too similar to iPhone 5
in fact, you are paying the same amount now for unapologetic plastic.
I'm not saying it's no good, but it will be more appealing if they priced it even lower at $49 USD.


as for Android users, why switch over / back to Apple?
there is the new iOS 7 that is meant to provide more quick access to settings.
there are more apps in Apple store & if you prefer the difference in layout & interface.
if you dont need much customisation, I would suggest iOS coz it is more intuitive.


Journey to get iPhone
as I was saying at the start of the post that I've just gotten my iPhone 5S on 23th Sept,
it all started on the 11th Sept where Apple announces preorder will start on the 13th Sept
& just so happen that Singapore is among the countries that will be receiving the new iPhones.
however, I wasnt able to preorder with M1 telco & can only register for updates of it.
days passed & there wasnt any word bout the preorder or the pricing of the iPhones.
anyway, there was this email bout priority registration to buy the iPhones on the 20-23th Sept
I didnt get to check my email, but it was already 3pm by the time I saw it,
priority registration was at 9am & I totally missed it



so I was at IMM bout 9.30AM for some Mac breakfast & started queuing since 10
 as expected all the Champagne Gold silver were all snatched up.
however, it puzzles me that nobody wanted space grey.
is it that ugly that nobody wants it or is there some other reason?
I find it perfectly cool & catered more to the guys, but does that mean no guys buy iPhone?
soon the truth was revealed coz people were recontracting to sell them
Champagne Gold at $1500 (16GB) - $1800 (32GB)
silver at $1000 (16GB) - $1250 (32GB)
space grey at $950 (16GB) - $1200 (32GB)

I got myself a space grey set coz it is still cool, though not the most exclusive.
the fact is that people can differentiate it with iPhone 5 coz it is not full BLACK
I know this might sound abit sour, but I'm gona say it

if I cant get Champagne Gold, I will rather get space grey
it will be so hard to say notice a silver iPhone 5S.
dont simply follow the trend blindly, but choose what you like!!

0 comments: