Room Makeover

8:59 PM Unknown 0 Comments

When we were all children without much power to decide,
we leave the decision to our parents everything for us.
Slowly, we grow up with the power to influence even though
we are not yet of age to take control of everything.

The degree of influence is dependent on the price tag it comes with,
but if the money comes out from your own pocket & that's totally fine.
Needless to say, it will still be packaged with the usual nagging =p

So ever since I have grown up, I get to make more decisions in life.
Starting off from simple little things to nitty gritty things!
However, the power to make decision didnt come easily
& it boils down to a quote which I learnt in secondary school,

'If you fail to plan, you plan to fail~'

For this year, I actually got myself a wardrobe from ikea!!!
It actually took a year for this plan to be realized~


<christmassy @ ikea>


By now, I myself noticed that I'm a D.I.Y person
& I deemed this as an fun activity to setup my own stuff. 
On the other hand, I can't emphasize this enough which is to
read the manual and check what you are doing from time to time.
Every time I'm building something, there's bound to be mistake somewhere.
In this case, I checked the planks were in the placement they should be,
but I didn't realize the middle plank was upside down.

The most crucial piece of the puzzle!

My mum repeated,
'Once you take them apart,
it's gona collapse!'

I think we need solutions rather than  negative energy.

'If you are only gona keep saying that,
I think it is best you don't be around coz that will affect me'

So I just need to prove her wrong by solving the problem at hand.
No Action Talk Only (NATO)
Everybody can do that!


<handy dandy screwdriver>


<old wardrobe>

<simple wardrobe>

<behind closed doors>

< bed-sheet #1>


< bed-sheet #2>

While at work, safety first!
if not, it will easily cause injuries!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why did it take a full year to get things moving?
Last year I had a major project revamping my room
with new paints and rearranging my room's furniture.
I haven get to chance for room warming......
thats why I've been asking people to come my place!!


#room make over album

<arrangement #1>

<arrangement #2>

 <messy corner>

<painting essentials>

 <paint dont really splatter>
<but it is good to cover to prevent it>

<Work Time Fun>

<almost done> 

<#random~>
<self-declared public holiday>

<panoramic shot>

BTW, all my new furniture are from ikea too!!!
With Ikea, it is one of the solutions for affordable furniture
accompanied with designers touch of creativity.
In my opinion, I prefer to get bang-for-the-buck furniture
& I can change again when it falls apart or when I'm sick of it
Reason simply coz it didnt cost a fortune to buy
&  I don't wan to see the same piece of decor for decades.

PS: I'm not saying all their stuff are cheap,
so better do your homework if you wana get the most out of it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

making decisions is a life skill;
the most troublesome of all?
deciding where to eat every single day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


0 comments: