Facial Tips

4:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments



MERRY X'MAS TO ALL READERS,
whether you're home alone coz of whatever reasons,
or you're out with someone on this day to celebrate,
I'm happy to share with you on what I think about facial.

To be honest, my skin is naturally oily & prone to pimples.
& to make it worse, most of my meals has chilli in them,
I like the occasional fried food, I dont really drink water much
+ daily late-night routine I picked up since preparation of exam
by waking up at 11pm & sleeping at 3am.
My skin complexion was at rock bottom!!!


<Garnier cleanser + moisturizer>


<L'oreal toner + eye + spot corrector>


I believe in a saying, '这世界上没有丑的人,只有懒惰的人'
& it applies to both guys and girls in the  twenty-first century.
I actually belong to the lazy group who only wanted cleanser,
but just that isn't enough to keep my skin pimple-free or close to radiant.
So through the years of puberty, I've added toners then moisturizers
and the secret weapon of the century!!!
Yes, BB CREAM!!


<Ginvera travel / sample pack>
*trial if it suits my skin*

Recently, I've been using BB creams to cover up my scars
& there are people complementing me for my good complexion~
It is nice to get compliments from people,
but that is a love-hate feeling when it is not my natural skin.
so I'm still waiting for the day to return to bare minimum.

How did I become so vain, you may ask.


<trying to be a ninja>

It all began with a pimple that was smack right in the middle of my eyes.
there were other blackheads and pimples, so I decided to go for a facial.
So I shortlisted a few places that offered skin care services
& decided to go for the promo at that point of time,
New York Skin Solutions


<NYSS sample kit>

It is a known fact that beauty parlors usually promotes 'Up-sell'
as you get to enjoy the affordable rate for any promo.
However, I was impressed by their die-hard up-sell skills
rather than making use that time to do a better facial.
All I got was a sub-par facial & the pimple between my eyes grew.

Eventually, I couldn't resist anymore and....... POP-ed
I was unsure if it was totally clean & gave a few more jabs at it.
What's next? It started to bleed & there goes a thought.....
'please, no scars~~ i dont want any scars~~~!!'

By that time, it is usually too late to do anything
& let's just hope for the better to come in MONTHS~!!
so I went on to find other ways to accelerate the healing process,



<Konjac Sponge> 

You can read up the benefits of konjac sponge
by clicking on the photos to see enlarged image.
When I used it for the very first time,
it totally refreshed me with the squishy squashy feel
as though I haven been treating my face well in the past.

My main reason for using konjac sponge in the first place
is becoz normally after washing hair, I wont know
if there is any wax or conditioner residue left on my fingers
& I dont really know how much pressure should I exert
while washing my face as it may be causing even more damage.
No harm trying when it is on offer at only less than $3?!
It gets even better when you dont need cleanser while using it,
but you can also add cleanser if you feel it is not clean enough.



<Mizon Snail Ampoule & Cream>

Snail cream products have been popping up in Singapore;
I personally dont know which brand is better,
but at least this is one of the top selling snail creams around.
DONT WORRY, you are not killing snails in this case..
I was quite skeptical bout using it coz.....
'will have the snail smell or not?'
it smells great just like any facial products!
*no idea why so many diff products if all has roughly same effect~



<BB creams>

BB cream = Blemish Balm cream
Basically, it is all-in-one facial cosmetic product
to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation & sunblock.

I actually started out from oxy cover coz it has the medication,

but the flesh tone was too far off my fairer skin tone
& applying on spots aint gona cut it coz it looks funny.
so I tried Ginvera BB cream which has a nice green tea scent.
Ginvera finishing; moved on to loreal UV perfect BB max
BB max made me look like a ghost coz of discoloration.
so came Missha Perfect Cover BB cream
which Kim passed me to try & it has best matching skin tone =D

*Tips: remember to apply bb cream on ur neck
to even out significant neck-face skin tone difference
coz it may look okay to you in the mirror, but others not to others



<facial with love>

<hairband + long hair>



BTW, I've also asked Kim to get me simple hairband from Aries
coz I felt that it was too girly for me to buy it myself hahahah..
I needed it coz I didnt wana get cleanser on my dyed hair
as the color was still fading at that point of time.



<Daily Routine>

It has been 2 months since I started this daily routine
whenever I need to go out on an important gathering
& there is a clear result that my skin condition is getting better.
I have no idea which is the exact product that produced results,
but I still think cleanser + toner + moisturizer = minimum


#results after 2 months
<darkened background a little>


<no filters>

These 2 photos are taken right after I washed up...
It is not perfect so I cant take shots any closer hahaha =P
'YAY!! UGLY RED DOT SCAR NO MORE~~!!!'

Quote of the Day:
nothing beats going natural.

1 comment:

  1. lol. but i still must warn you to remove bb cream with makeup remover because it is a makeup product!

    ReplyDelete