Impressions: The New Apple Macbook (2015)

9:22 PM Unknown 0 Comments

With the new MacBook (2015) available as of 10th April 15, it’s definitely one of the lightest ultrabook at only 920g, but I will not buy it for a couple of reasons and I hope you will hear them out before making that purchase.

So, “Why not buy it?”
I would say the problem lies in almost every aspect of it.

1) Aesthetics
There’s no back-lit apple logo and it is sort of losing some of its identity.


2) Display


The 12 inch Retina display is with an aspect ratio of 16:10, that means there will be more black borders on the top and the bottom when watching full screen videos / movies.


3) Webcam

With only a 480P webcam, it takes away the enjoyment for better skype / photobooth quality when you need it & it doesn’t match the premium retina display.


4) Intel Core M Processor 
Its capability is of a netbook more for browsing the web, Facebook and simple office required tasks. Trust me, I wouldn’t even rely on it for any intense photo editing or serious gaming. 


5) Battery Life
Although the core M processor requires lower power consumption and the MacBook is packed with mostly 80% batteries, users only get the standard 9 hours of battery life.


6) Connection port
There is only 1 USB - C port that will be used for both charging and any other peripherals. It may sound very cool and elegant, but that also means users will have to buy adaptors in order to charge and use thumb drives at the same time.

7) Price
Starting at S$1,788, it is too high a price point for a netbook. 


For these reasons, I’m out and I will rather recommend the following alternatives:
ASUS Zenbook UX305 - A windows laptop with similar hardware that cost much less

MacBook Air – The closest match in every aspect, yet retaining the familiar hardware

Alright, that sums up my views on the new MacBook. Thank you for reading & I’ll see you in my next one for the breakdown of my recommendations.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


shop smart & stay within your budget.

LIKE if you find the tips useful~
DISLIKE if you have higher expectations~
COMMENT to help me create better content~
SHARE the link with everyone!!


0 comments: